If you want to save space in the bathroom or do not like taking baths much, the exit to the room arrangement is obvious - a shower cabin. It takes up minimal space, is comfortable, offers ample opportunities and is quite accessible. It is only necessary to figure out how to choose a shower cabin in Minsk depending on its characteristics: from the size to the manufacturer.
Whether you plan to install a ready-made closed shower, or if you want to install a structure from different components (an open cabin), consider a number of points.
First of all, decide which shower cabin to choose: equipped with a tray or devoid of it?
Without pallet. You are standing directly on the tile, the water drain goes through a floor drain installed in the floor. Such a solution will allow to achieve a visual purity of the design, but it is paid for with the complexity of the shower installation, the inability to move, for example, when moving and a certain discomfort in contacting bare feet with tiles.
With a pallet. These showers are more common, which is explained by the ease of installation, ease of use, ease of maintenance. However, we note that a shower with a “trough” looks less elegant than without it — it seems cumbersome. Yes, and the price is slightly higher - because of the “extra” details in the system.
If you realized that your choice of a shower cabin with a pallet, evaluate the following parameters:
The shape and area. Most models have a square base with sides from 70 to 170 cm. Such a format provides ample space in the cabin and a choice of mounting location: in the corner, along the wall, in the middle of the room. But you can find a system with a pallet in the form of a rectangle, a circle (whole, half, a quarter) and an oval (or part of it) - they either give more space or save the size of a bathroom.
Depth. All parts are divided into three types: small (height of the sides 3-5 cm), medium (up to 20-25 cm) and high (from 30-40 cm). Depending on the circumstances, choose the shower tray tray. If the shower is used by older people, then it is more convenient and safer for them to have a tray of small depth (although it is more difficult to place a drainage system under it). And if you have a small child and no bath, you can bathe your baby in a deep pan by closing the drain and typing water.
Material. Enameled steel / cast iron models are strong but heavy, and their coating can wear out, leading to rust; plus they are noisy and cool quickly. The earthenware tray is quieter, more comfortable, but afraid of shocks. Models made of acrylic are durable, cheap and varied in design, but not tough - the tray “plays” under your feet, demanding reinforcement. As for artificial and natural stone, it is warm and durable, but expensive.
In any case, try on the shower cabin before you buy it. To do this, go into it, twist, raise and lower your arms, bend over, sit down (especially if there is a shop) - that is, simulate typical movements in the soul. If something interferes, look for another model.
In the story, how to choose a shower cabin, we must not forget about its doors. Pay attention to their opening method and material.
Depending on the mechanism, the doors are divided into the following groups:
- Swing. The classic hinge solution will provide a comfortable wide opening. But for the door unlocked to the outside you will need a reserve of space in front of the cabin.
- Sliding. Two or more sections, which move on rollers along guides, are different for constrained circumstances, but over time the mechanism may become loose.
- Folding. They are also called book-doors - they add up to the type of book binding. Moreover, they do it inside, which saves space in the bathroom - but because of the complexity of the design, the system is not very reliable.
With regards to materials, the choice of shower door is:
- Glass. The traditional version is aesthetically attractive and reliable, but only if we are talking about tempered glass with a thickness of 4-6 mm. These doors are easy to maintain and hygienic - they will not start a mold.
- Polystyrene In fact, plastic (transparent or matte), so it is lighter and cheaper than glass. But the doors are quickly overwritten, and it is not always possible to quickly remove dirt and stains from them.
- Plexiglas. More expensive and perfect than polystyrene material. It is, on the one hand, lighter than glass, and on the other, stronger than polystyrene. He has two minuses: the cost and the fear of scratches that cannot be polished.
- Triplex. Rare because of the high cost of the option doors conquer durability and safety. The “sandwich” of 2 layers of tempered glass and a special film will withstand a strong blow, and, having broken, will break up into non-sharp fragments.